What is the Yaesu YSK-7800 Separation Kit?
The Yaesu YSK-7800 Separation Kit allows you to mount your FT-7800R/FT-7900R’s front panel on the vehicle’s dash board. The radio’s body can then be stored under the seat, in the trunk, or in some other out of the way location.
What’s in the Yaesu YSK-7800 Separation Kit?
The Yaesu YSK-7800 Separation Kit includes:
- Front Panel Nest
- Controller Extension Cable
- Speaker Extension Cable
- Double-Sided Adhesive Tape
- Mounting Screws, Washers, & Nuts
- Instruction Manual
Where can I buy the Yaesu YSK-7800 Separation Kit?
The best price I found for the Yaesu YSK-7800 Separation Kit is from Amazon – Face Separation Kit for Yaesu FT-7900R & FT-7800R
How Do I Install the Yaesu YSK-7800 Separation Kit?
- Disconnect the power from your transceiver.
- Press the front panel release button and disconnect the cable that connects the body from the face.
- Using the bracket that came with your Yaesu transceiver, mount the body under the seat, in the truck, or any other place you may like.
- Connect the extension cable into the jack of the transceiver and run it to where you are going to have the face.
- Connect the speaker extension cable to the back of the transceiver and run it to where you are going to have the speaker.
- Place the double-sided tape on the back of the face plate holder. Mount the face plate holder in the location of your choice by securing it with the included self-tapping screws.
Note: Do not mount the face plate holder where the face might be exposed to extended periods of direct sunlight.
- Insert the cable behind the face holder through the hole and plug it into the jack. Do not plug it into the mic jack!
- Connect the antenna and power to the back of the Yaesu transceiver.
That’s it! You have now successfully installed the Yaesu YSK-7800 Separation Kit.